The main purpose of this list is to protect hotels from fraudsters and debtors. Therefore, most often it is these people who fall into it.
Hotel chains and partner hotels share a list of unwanted guests with each other. At the discretion of the hotel, it can also be entered:
- Violent, scandalous guests;
- The persons abusing alcohol;
- Smokers who smoke in the wrong places;
- Guests with Pets who violated the hotel's requirements;
- Thieves, crooks, unscrupulous customers.
More minor issues, such as non-payment of additional services, the hotel solves immediately. And if the season is high, and it was not possible to detect the debt immediately, then the hotel may remind the guest of the debt the next time they arrive.
The "black list" is designed to protect hotels from unscrupulous scammers. Even small hotels and hostels need to address this issue.
At an unofficial level, hotels refuse to meet such a guest under the pretext of lack of seats. But large networks usually immediately report to the police or resolve all issues with the guest personally.
There are several other ways to resolve the issue with debtors.
1. If this is a regular customer, then you can minus bonuses from the loyalty program. He will be able to restore them only after covering all debts.
2. To provide services on a prepaid basis only. Moreover, the tariff is non — refundable, and the prepayment is full.