The revenue Manager can use the following levers:
1. Pricing. The task of the specialist is to forecast demand using the data already obtained, and on this basis to build a pricing policy. To get full dates, the Manager must analyze the following indicators:
- Average daily room rate (ADR)
- Revenue per number (RevPAR)
- Gross operating profit per number (GOPPAR)
- Total operating profit per number (TREVPAR)
- Total profit per client (TREVPEC)
Also, to optimize the revenue from the entire hotel, you need to calculate additional departments-the revenue of the restaurant, Spa, etc.
2. The occupancy rate of rooms.
For a business like a hotel, there is often a threat of cancellation. Often hotels deliberately overbooking to increase overall sales, instead of optimizing the customer base so that each customer gets the services and offers they need.
To do this, the Manager must analyze such data:
- Last year's demand
- Revenue per number
- Analysis of events, weekends and holidays
3. Marketing. The marketing strategy helps to sell high volumes of services at temporarily reduced prices. Marketing also helps establish a balance between service growth and profitability.
4. Distribution channel. As a rule, the Manager uses this lever to answer two questions:
Which channel does a particular customer segment use?
How long does it take from the time of purchase to the time of arrival?